Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scolari's Deals (3/17-3/24)


Here are the deals I see for this week. Let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Scolari's will double coupons (as long as the coupon doesn't say "do not double") up to and including $1.00! View official coupon policy HERE.

Remember, Wednesdays are “double ad” days where both the current and previous week’s ad are honored.

Pork Tri Tips (in the bag) - $1.29/lb.
I love these. They come with about 3 in a bag. The recipes I use with them are HERE. Maybe I’ll start looking for more recipes if they are regularly going to be on sale.

Gatorade Sports Drinks, 32 oz. - $0.99
$0.50 G2 coupon from 1/3 RP
Final price: FREE

Tree Top Apple Juice, 64 oz. - $1.99
$1.00/2 printable coupon
(expires 4/15, good on ANY Tree Top product, may want to print even if not interested in the juice this week)
Final price: $0.99 each WYB 2

Sara Lee Wide Pan Bread, 20 oz. - $1.99
$0.75 printable coupon (DND)
$0.55 from 2/21 RP (DND)
Final price: $1.24 - $1.44

Energizer Batteries, AA or AAA, 4 pack - $1.99
$1.00 printable coupon
Final price: FREE

3 comments:

Reno Midwifery said...

At the Scolari's by my house, they stick ridgedly with their coupon policy: "a coupon will not be doubled if doubling it causes the item to be free". Also, "no doubling on dairy coupons"...bummer cause I could make out like a bandit some weeks if this were allowed. How about your Scolari's are they more willing to bend on these rules?

Natalie said...

The actual cash register system will not allow for overages but will double up to the amount of the item, so yes my store allows FREE, just not better than free.

Most of the time the cashiers have no idea how much the items cost so they don't know if the coupon doubling makes them free or not.

Sometimes the dairy works and sometimes it doesn't. For example, the system doubled the ice cream coupons but not the yogurt. The website says "regulated" dairy (not quite sure what that means) won't be doubled. I think that might mean things like fluid milk and yogurt. I've had cheese coupons double before.

I usually try it and if something won't double I politely say I just won't get it.

Reno Midwifery said...

I need to come to your Scolari's then. My cashiers are on top of it, checking prices to make sure nothing is free when doubled, making sure I only use 3 like coupons for doubling, only 10 coupons doubled per transaction, etc. I also couldn't get them to double any dairy, including yogurt, cheese, milk or ice cream (well the Scolari's in Sparks used to double ice cream for me but I don't live in that area anymore). My cashiers like to quote me the entire double coupon policy to me while checking my groceries. Such a nuisance.