Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rung #3, Natural Disasters


It's March already? These months are just flying by. This month I am focusing on preparing my family for natural disasters. For example, earthquakes and wildfires could be potential threats in this area.

So far in my preparations (see my Food Storage Plan, page 2), I haven't geared up to leave my house. BUT it is often common for evacuations to occur alongside natural disasters.

This video got me thinking about how my family would respond to an evacuation. We have a lot of work to do. I'm not even sure we can get the whole family in the van and seat belted in ten minutes!

The Red Cross has a great Earthquake Checklist that I'm planning on going through and seeing what else we need to address for our family.

I also liked this Family Emergency Plan put out by ready.gov. We need to have a family plan set up.

These are a few of the things I'll be working on for the month of March. Feel free to join in or share any thoughts/experiences!

No comments: