Monday, January 18, 2010

Wal-Mart Price Match Policy

The last time I was at Wal-Mart I tried to price match an item from the Smith's ad and was told I could not do so because the ad read "with your club card." The cashier told me that if it required a club card the price would not be matched.

I was confused but not in the mood to push it so I pulled my familiar line, "Okay, then I just won't get these." What stores were they planning on price matching? Lots of grocery stores have club cards!

I looked up the official price matching policy online today and although it says the manager has final say, it states they do honor "'Preferred Shopping Card' advertised prices."

I printed a copy of that baby out and put it in my coupon file. I'm planning on doing some price matching today and now that I have backup, I'm ready to roll. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: