Monday, January 11, 2010

Scolari Coupon Doubling

I noticed today that not all of my coupons were doubling at Scolari's. After reviewing my receipt, it seems that my coupons that read "$1.00 off 2" were only doubling to the price of the item instead of $2.00.

Typically when a coupon is doubled and it would exceed the price of the item, the register only doubles the coupon up to the price of the item. (For example, if the item was $1.50 and you had a $1.00 off coupon, the coupon would come off for $1.00 and then double at $0.50, making the item free but not giving an overage.)

It looks like the register is doing the same thing for $1.00/2 coupons, thinking it would be an overage but not taking into account the purchase of two items! So I emailed Scolari's to see what's up. Here's what I wrote:

"I write a money-saving blog for Northern NV and I would like to clarify your double coupon policy. I've noticed that when a coupon doubles it will not exceed the price of the item, which is great.

"However, when a coupon reads "$1.00 off of 2" and two products are purchased, the register still only doubles to the price of one product. An example would be a product that costs $1.79 and I have a coupon for "$1.00 off 2". So I buy two of the product at $3.58 but the coupon only doubles to $1.79 instead of $2.00.

"Is this your policy or a glitch in the system? Please advise so I can let my readers know, as well as plan my purchases accordingly.
Thanks!
Natalie"


I'm curious to see if they respond and what the response will be. They'll probably think I'm some insane, coupon-crazed woman and they just might be right. I'll keep you posted.

(I also found their official coupon policy on the website and you can see it HERE.)

No comments: