Monday, November 16, 2009

Step One Initiated

Well, I did it! I spent the morning hunched over in the storage space underneath the stairs (a.k.a. the "food storage closet") and got an inventory of everything in there.Here's what I did. I downloaded this 3-month food storage calculator onto my computer, put in my family's numbers, and printed a copy. This calculator comes from a FABULOUS site called Prepared LDS Family.

I tried my hardest to ignore the "NEED" column (that's step two and I didn't want to get ahead of myself!) and just wrote down my numbers in the "HAVE" column. I found things today I didn't even know I had. I'm glad I used a pencil because I did a lot of erasing.

Next I need to inventory my pantry and the food under the beds. Yes, under the beds. Along with the inventory, I'm keeping a list of where things are (potato pearls under Nathan's bed, etc.) so I'll know where to find it.

1 comment:

Grandma Nelson said...

I just tried to download the food storage calculator, but couldn't open it because it's in Excel. Will you bring me a hard copy next week? This is awesome!