Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Smith's Trip - I was paid $6.00 cash!


My trip to Smith's today was unbelievable...in a very good way.

I had read in the ad last week that if you transfer a prescription (ends 7/31) you get $25.00 store credit. I asked at the pharmacy yesterday if that was still going on and yes, indeed, it was. I had brought a prescription to refill just in case, so I dropped it off.

When I went to do my $1.00 coupon deals today, I checked to see if my prescription was ready. It was and the grand total for the prescription was $2.36, and the $25.00 credit loaded right onto my Smith's card. Woo-hoo!

I wasn't sure if the $25.00 would come off all at once or if the balance would carry over if I spent under $25.00. I decided to spend right around $25.00 after coupons just to be safe. (FYI, it all comes off.)

When I checked out, my balance was in the negative and the cashier actually handed me $6.00 cash back! I have never in my life had that happen before. I was in such a tizzy of excitment that I left my $0.41 in the change dispenser.

Here's what I got:

3 Weber marinade packets - FREE
1 Dawn dish detergent - FREE
2 Bounty paper towels - $0.09 each
3 Frigo string cheese - $1.97 each
1 Kraft sliced cheese - $0.79
1 Safeguard hand soap - $0.50 overage
3 Ivory bar soap 3-pks - FREE
2 Gillette body wash - FREE
2 Old Spice body wash - overage
8 Crest toothpastes - FREE
1 Lady Speed Stick deodorant - $0.12 overage
2 Trident gums - FREE
2 Gallons of milk - $2.29 each
1 dozen eggs - $0.79
4+ pounds of ground beef - $8.80
2 bags Kroger frozen veggies - $0.75 each
1 Ritz crackers - $2.50 (our splurge)
1 Colosomo sausages - FREE (free item coupon)



After all sales, coupons, and my $25.00 credit from the pharmacy my total was NEGATIVE $6.41...and she handed me cash back. UNREAL.

I saved 107%. WHAT? I have never been PAID to buy meat, eggs, cheese, milk, and toothpaste before! Do you hear my smile?

The Smith's deals are HERE if you're interested in doing some of this for yourself.

*I also noticed that the American Beauty Quick Cook pasta is $1.00 with a $0.50 printable coupon HERE...FREE pasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Had fun there today as well (think I'll go back again later to take advantage of some of your deals)! Loaded the $2 off when you buy 10 Sobe Water combined with the B1G1 coupons making them $0.24 each. Not great, but needed some while I wait for them to go on a Target gift card deal... :)