Monday, June 21, 2010

June - Group Order UPDATE


Along with the freeze dried strawberries we're ordering this month, we are also putting together a group order for 5-gallon food storage buckets. These buckets are great for storing things you can buy in bulk for your food storage.

Take wheat for example. Here are the prices of hard white wheat at three well-known food storage suppliers:

Walton Feed (45 lbs. in a 6 gal. bucket): $20.50 + $21.50 shipping= $42.00
Emergency Essentials (45 lbs. in 6 gal. bucket): $36.95 + $12.00 shipping = $48.95
Honeyville (50 lbs. without bucket): $46.99 + $4.49 shipping = $51.48

BUT if you were to purchase the wheat in bulk and use your own bucket, the price would look like this:

LDS Cannery (50 lbs. without bucket): $11.60
Emergency Essentials (bucket and lid): $7.00
Total price: $18.60

The other items I buy in bulk and plan to use in my future buckets are oats, rice, sugar, flour, and beans. I'm also planning on getting a few 5-gallon buckets without lids ($5.50 each) and buying gamma lids ($7.50 each) for items I'm planning on getting into frequently. These lids make for easier access while still keeping air tight.

So, here are the items we're ordering this month and the price breakdown (there are no shipping charges):

Freeze Dried Strawberries - $13.00
5-gallon bucket with lid - $7.00
5-gallon bucket without lid - $5.50
Gamma Seal lid - $7.50

If you've already let me know about your strawberries, you're taken care of. Just let me know if you would like to order buckets/lids in addition to your strawberries. I need to know by Wednesday, June 23, as I am placing the order Thursday, June 24.

2 comments:

Tressa Card said...

Can I order with you guys
? I live in Fernley but we got passes to the waterpark so I will be coming in a couple times a week. I am Katie Scott's friend. I really would like to order 1 Bucket with a lid and 2 buckets without lids and 2 gamma seal lids. I am planning on coming in to the waterpark on Thursday so I could bring you a check then. I know it is after the Wednesday deadline but I am good for it I promise!
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Tressa Card
775-575-6449

Natalie said...

Tressa, I got your order and I've sent you an email.

This group order is for anyone and everyone!

Natalie