Monday, May 3, 2010

Grocery Shopping...$8.91 spent!

Here's a picture from my shopping trip today. (Handsome boy pictured not included in today's purchases. He's priceless.)

Transaction #1
4 boxes of cereal - $0.79 each (plus $3 back)
2 packs of hamburger buns - $0.50 each (on clearance)
-$4.00 Catalina from last week's Frosted Flakes
=$0.16! and I got a $3.00 Catalina coupon

Transaction #2
3 loaves of bread - $0.75 each (on clearance)
5 ears of corn - $0.25 each
2 boxed potatoes - FREE (clearanced for $0.50 each and had a $1.00/2 coupon)
2 packs of bacon - $1.49 each
-$3.00 Catalina coupon from transaction above
=$3.48!

1 Watermelon - $2.99
2 packs Mission tortillas - $0.24 each (use both in-ad and manufacture's coupon)
(In-ad coupon for tortillas makes them $0.99 each. As you walk in the door by the produce there is a Mission tortilla chip display with a tearpad of coupons for $1.50/2 Mission products (also found at Save Mart). Makes each pack of tortillas $0.24 each and the whole wheat variety is included. Limit 2.)
=$3.47!

And I just should have stopped there because I had a not-so-pleasant experiance at Scolari's.

Scolari's
1 J&J Baby Shampoo - $0.99
2 Ortega taco shells - $0.29 each
=$1.80!
I should have also gotten 6 FREE enchilada sauces but the clerk and I didn't see eye-to-eye. She claimed that because the product was $1.99 she could not accept a coupon for $2.00 off. Even after I explained that the store would be reimbursed the full $2.00 from the manufacturer, she refused to take the coupon. So I put on a smile and politely said, "I just won't get these then." Entire thing canceled and rerung as the people behind me waited not so patiently and my 3-year-old shrieked at the top of his lungs. I almost joined him but I restrained. Guess I'll be price-matching at Wal-Mart!


GRAND TOTAL: $8.91

3 comments:

jjjensenfamily said...

My J&J baby washes would not double. And I did two of them! But I'm taking them back because that is too much work.
When I went last Wed, their Capri Sun's were 2.49 and the Sunrise was included, so with the $1 off coupon it made them .49. But I don't know if that sale price is still this week or if it ended last Wed.
Welcome back, for good?

Natalie said...

Actually come to think of it...NONE of my coupons at Scolari's would go through. The checker had to push them through on her own, well the ones she chose to.

I went to Wal-Mart today and their La Victoria enchilada sauce is $1.88. No price matching needed and no clerks throwing a fit.

I'm back for good!

printable coupons said...

I went to grocery shopping tonight and used the $1.00 off coupon for the Pillsbury, Save $1.00 on any High Liner SEA Cuisine product and save $1 on the Cheerios cinnamon toast crunch using printable grocery coupon from clickmycoupon.com.