Saturday, October 9, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam

I've tried several different recipes for strawberry freezer jam. I've loved them all. In fact they are all so yummy, I can't really tell a difference between them. Thus, I go for easiest.
This is a NO COOK freezer jam pectin made by Ball. Just add sugar (or Splenda) to the pectin and stir in with crushed fruit.

Don't judge me. If this isn't real jam making, don't tell me. I've done the whole cooking thing. I like this method.


  • Crush 4 pounds of strawberries. (I wash, hull, and cut them in half to make mushing easier. I just use a potato masher to crush them up.)

  • Stir 1-1/2 cups of sugar and pectin packet together in a bowl.

  • Stir fruit and pectin/sugar together for 3 minutes.

  • Ladle into containers and thicken for 30 minutes.

    The end.

    If this isn't hard enough for you, I have tried the recipe on the regular pectin package and it's yummy. This recipe HERE is good, too.

1 comment:

Reno Midwifery said...

I love simple. Thanks so much:)