Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Shopping

I was welcomed home from our family vacation by a fridge full of moldy left-overs. We had no milk, eggs, bread, or bananas. I figured since I had to go buy some essentials anyway I might as well try to do some couponing too.

Bad move. I wasn't prepared at all to coupon and forgot to print my coupons before I left! Needless to say, this wasn't the best shopping trip. It happens.

At Safeway I got:
Dozen eggs - FREE for signing up at Just 4 U
Chicken Nuggets - $2.99
Bananas - $0.37/lb.
Nivea lip stuff - FREE
TOTAL: $5.03
(These were last week's deals. For the deals this week go HERE.)

At Smith's I got:
2 Hungry Man meals - FREE
1 Banquet meal - $0.78
2 Banquet meals - $1.28 each
4 Healthy Choice meals - $1.18 each
1 Steamfresh veggies - $1.45
1 Pack hamburger buns - $1.00
1 Loaf of bread - $1.00
2 Gallons of milk - $2.50 each
4 Idahoan potatoes - $1.00 for all 4 (got $1 Catalina back)
1 candy corn - $1.00 (for preschool)
3 Kid's Crest toothpaste - $0.25 each
Total: $19.03 (plus $1 back for buying 4 Idahoan)
(The frozen food deal is still going on this week. I like to buy these for my husband to take to work! See this week's Smith's deals HERE.)
GRAND TOTAL: $24.06 (plus $1.00 Catalina back)

No comments: