Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Shopping

In preparation for a coupon class I was teaching I went shopping yesterday. There really are some great deals this week and I thought I'd share.

First up was Safeway. (Find details of Safeway deals HERE. Beauty and the Beast deals HERE or HERE.)I got -
8 pounds of strawberries - $1.00/lb. (Stock-up price for me. More strawberry freezer jam!)
2 Barilla pasta sauces - $2.00 each
2 Barilla pastas - Free WYB 2 Barilla sauces
Beauty and the Beast DVD - $15.00 (plus $10.00 coming back in rebates)
Jolly Time Popcorn - Free with DVD
Princess water bottle - Free with DVD
Pumpkin - Free with DVD (should have been a medium pumpkin but I couldn't find them)
TOTAL - $27.59 (will receive $10.00 back in rebates)

Next stop was Smith's. (Details on Smith's sales HERE.)
I got -
5 Philidelphia cream cheese - FREE
4 Soda - $0.54 each
1 DiGiorno pizza - $2.99
1 loaf of bread - $0.99 (because we needed it)
Total - $5.98

Last stop of the day (because I had four wonderful helper boys with me) was Kohl's. I got-
#1, 1 little boy tie - FREE
#2, 2 women's T-shirts - $0.85 for both!
#3, 1 woman's shirt and one Melissa and Doug lacing shoe - $1.28 for both!
Total - $2.13

The deal here was I used my $10.00 Kohl's coupons and bought things on clearance that were just over $10.00.

I had received one coupon in the mail and purchased two newspapers ($0.75 each) when I heard the was a coupon/sticker on the front page for $10.00 off a $10.00 purchase at Kohl's. I figured paying $0.75 for $10.00 was a good deal.

Since I had three separate coupons I had to do three separate transactions. (The coupons can't be used together to get $30.00 off.) The cashier didn't mind one bit and rung my groups up separately without a problem.

GRAND TOTAL - $37.93 (plus $10.00 back in rebates)
If I hadn't purchased things that were (1) on sale and (2) used coupons, my total for everything would have been $208.45, which I never would have paid for those things!

3 comments:

~ Katie said...

That is so awesome! I've tried saving here and there but my friend did our enrichment last night on money saving tips and encouraged me to do better. I really want to be able to score deals like you did. And four boys with ya to boot. You go girl!

Reno Midwifery said...

2 or 3 questions. First, what is your strawberry freezer jam recipe? Second, what rebates are you doing for the Beauty and the Beast DVD? If it is Western Bagel, where did you find them locally? Thanks

Natalie said...

I'll do a post on my freezer jam. (Don't hold your breath for anything fancy.)

I'm doing the Campbell's and Western Bagel rebates for the BATB DVD. I believe they sell the bagels at Wal-Mart. I haven't checked yet though.